Google Translate


Apply for housing

Pacific Link  provides housing for those in need using the NSW Government’s Housing Pathways system – a system that covers all of New South Wales for all applicants.

While Pacific Link can provide some general advice and assistance to applicants, we are not able to provide housing except through the Housing Pathways system.

Housing Pathways is the central register for all community and social housing in New South Wales. Applying through Housing Pathways is easier and simpler than it previously was under the old system because applicants can choose to go to any participating community housing provider (like Pacific Link) or local FACS (Family and Community Services) office to lodge their application, update their details or make enquiries about the progress of their application.

Through Housing Pathways, you’ll also be able to receive information about your progress on the register. See the Housing Pathways Factsheet to learn more.


Waiting Times

Pacific Link Housing is working hard to increase the number of homes available for community and social housing in our region and is currently investing in a range of projects on its own and in partnership with government and others.

Historically however, the Central Coast has had significantly fewer homes available than the average for NSW. This means waiting times in the Central Coast and Hunter regions now extend beyond 10 years for all but the most urgent applications, and it’s possible that some applicants may never receive homes.


To be eligible for community or social housing, you must:

  • Be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
  • Live in New South Wales (NSW)
  • Have a household income within the income-eligibility limits
  • Not own any assets or property that you could live in
  • Be able to sustain a successful tenancy, with or without support
  • In general, be at least 18 years of age.

You will also need to prove your identity and, if you have any debts with a social housing provider from a previous tenancy, you must be making regular repayments. To see if you are eligible for housing assistance go to the Housing Pathways site and check the criteria listed there. 

To Discuss or Apply

To discuss or apply for housing in the Central Coast and Lower Hunter please contact Pacific Link or complete a Housing Pathways application.

Which Way is Quicker?

It doesn’t matter whether you apply directly through Housing Pathways or through Pacific Link Housing. Whichever way you choose, your application will be handled through the Housing Pathways system, which was specifically established to provide a single entry point and list for all housing applications in NSW.

Additional Information

For additional information on Housing Pathways and the way the system works, go here

Urgent Applications

While Pacific Link is required to operate within the Housing Pathways system, we will assist in processing urgent applications from eligible applicants where this is possible. For assistance contact Pacific Link Housing.

Other Forms of Support

Pacific Link Housing also works as a referral service to help people in need connect with a range of additional services and service providers that may of assistance. Please contact us if you need help to access services such as:

  • Emergency accommodation
  • Aged care
  • Mental health
  • Disability services
  • Family support
  • Financial counseling
  • General counseling
  • Youth support
  • Women’s services

We also have a directory of useful links here.


Further information

For additional information or advice, please contact Pacific Link Housing.